Wednesday, 08 June 2022 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Session 1Wednesday, 08 June 2022 10:00 AM NZST - 12:30 PM NZSTZoom - 3 sessions
Session 2Thursday, 09 June 2022 10:00 AM NZST - 12:00 PM NZSTZoom - 3 sessions
Session 3Friday, 10 June 2022 10:00 AM NZST - 12:00 PM NZSTZoom - 3 sessions
Rural MH101® Webinar
Develop confidence to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.
Rural life has its perks – no traffic or noisy neighbours - but living and working rurally can also come with unique challenges, like severe weather, isolation and changing politics. When these pressures add up, it can affect your mental wellbeing.
Rural MH101® is designed especially for people living and working in rural communities. The training gives you the tools to maintain your mental health and to respond appropriately to people experiencing mental health challenges - both at work and in everyday life.
Each workshop is delivered by expert facilitators who have rural backgrounds and understand the daily pressures of rural life.
The training has a rural focus, however, if you have recently completed MH101®, you may find the workshop content is quite similar.
Participants will receive a workbook for each webinar session with Rural MH101® notes, additional reading and a directory for further support and assistance.
During Rural MH101® you’ll learn:
- what it’s like to experience mental distress
- strategies to maintain your mental health, as well as the wellbeing of others
- how stress and trauma can impact wellbeing
- an overview of some major mental health challenges including depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance use disorder
- how your reactions can impact the thoughts, feelings and behaviours of others
- tools for how to relate to people experiencing mental distress
- how to respond wisely in any given situation, including if there is a risk of suicide
- where, when and how to get personal and professional help.
After Rural MH101® you will be able to:
- recognise signs of positive mental health and of mental health challenges
- use Te Whare Tapa Whā to support mental wellbeing
- relate to what people with mental health challenges are experiencing
- respond supportively to mental distress.
Rural MH101® is delivered remotely via Zoom to participants anywhere in New Zealand.
The training is delivered as three two-hour webinars over three days.
We can accommodate up to 25 attendees in each workshop. Each workshop is limited to a maximum of five participants from a single organisation.
Individuals can register for a community webinar series by selecting a workshop on the top left of this page. Organisations are welcome to purchase the workshop. Please contact us for more information.
Evaluation and reports
Organisations that purchase Rural MH101® will receive an impact report covering the outcomes of the workshop captured through participant evaluations. It is a great tool to show the usefulness of the training.
This data can also be used to better understand the needs of your workforce and to support wellbeing initiatives within your organisation.
All webinar workshops are delivered via Zoom, which provides an interactive and engaging learning experience for participants.
To get the most out of each session, you will need:
- a stable internet connection
- your own device. The workshop uses breakout rooms for small group conversations so participants can’t share a device.
- a microphone and camera connected to your device.
We recommend participants access the webinars using a laptop or computer with a camera (built-in or attached) rather than a tablet or phone.
If multiple participants are sitting in the same room, we recommend that everyone uses headphones. This stops any feedback or echoes through the online connection.
You are welcome to join the webinar 15 minutes early to test your tech with our team. If you are unsure if you have suitable technology to participate in the Rural MH101® webinar, please contact us before your first scheduled session so we can check your technology and assist with any issues.
Blueprint for Learning is an NZQA accredited Private Training Establishment. We have the highest quality Category 1 External Education and Review rating in education achievement and self-assessment issued by NZQA.
We have been delivering mental health literacy training since 2008. Every workshop is run by expert facilitators who bring a wealth of personal and professional experience to the topics covered.
Our workshops use adult education principles, with a variety of activities, videos and teaching tools to cater for the different learning styles of participants.
Addiction 101Understanding addiction and recovery.
Leading Wellbeing at Work WebinarRecognise, understand and support staff experiencing mental health challenges in the workplace.
Life after Lockdown WebinarUnderstand Covid-19 related anxiety and adapt to our new way of life.
MH101®Giving people the confidence to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.