No courses to show
Learn to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.
MH101® is a one-day workshop to equip people to respond to people experiencing mental health challenges - both at work and in everyday life.
MH101® will help you to:
During MH101® you will:
- gain an understanding of the experience of mental distress
- learn what to do and when to do it in order to support clients, family, friends, colleagues and others with mental illness
- learn strategies and gain tools for maintaining your own mental health, as well as the wellbeing of others
- learn to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental distress
- develop an understanding of how your reactions can impact on the thoughts, feelings and behaviours of others
- learn how to respond wisely in any given situation, including the risk of suicide
- understand where and when to get personal or professional help.
After MH101® you will:
- know how to support yourself and your colleagues so you’re at your best at work every day
- have a team with the skills to respond safely, thoughtfully and effectively to your customers in every situation
- come away with ideas and strategies to manage health and wellbeing for yourself and your team.
Anytime, anywhere, and any industry
MH101® can be delivered anywhere in New Zealand, at your place or ours. We can accommodate up to 25 attendees in each workshop, which runs from 8.30am – 4.30pm.
Scenarios can be tailored for your specific industry – we will work with you to ensure the workshop focuses on your workplace issues.
“This is the most incredible training I have ever attended in my entire policing career.” - New Zealand Police participant
It's an investment
The MH101® workshop is an investment in the lives and futures of individuals and organisations, as well as our communities.
Among other benefits, MH101® can increase productivity and efficiency for organisations by providing a framework which allows them to keep themselves well and ‘present’ in the workplace. MH101 helps reduce absenteeism.
With 1,000 workshops delivered to date, and more than 25,000 attendees across New Zealand, MH101® has been proven to have a significant and long-lasting impact on the knowledge, attitudes and behaviours of those who attend.
MH101® has been delivering excellence in mental health literacy training since 2008. Every workshop is run by expert facilitators who bring a wealth of personal and professional experience to the workshop delivery.
Blueprint for Learning is a recognised Private Training Establishment (PTE) dedicated to training, education and workforce development initiatives in mental health, addiction, disability and social sectors.
Our training is interactive, participatory and experientially based – catering for the diverse needs of all our learners with an approach that consistently leads to exceptional levels of learner satisfaction.
Evaluation and reports
We provide for your organisation a workforce impact report which measures confidence levels of the participants before and after the workshop.
This is a great tool to monitor the outcomes of the workshop and see how valuable it really is.
You can also use the data to support wellbeing initiatives within your organisation and understand the needs of your workforce.
- Maintaining your own wellbeing, as well as the wellbeing of others.
- Impacts of stress and trauma.
- Overview of some major mental health challenges including depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance use disorder.
- Tools in how to relate to others experiencing distress.
- Where, when and how to get personal and professional help.
- Suicide and self-harm.
Addiction 101Understanding problematic substance use and other behaviours.
Leading Wellbeing at WorkMental health essentials for managers.
MH101®Learn to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.
Tailored workshopsA tailored programme to suit the needs of your workplace.