Monday, 24 May 2021 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Session 1Monday, 24 May 2021 11:00 AM - 1:30 PMZoom - 3 sessions
Session 2Wednesday, 26 May 2021 11:00 AM - 1:00 PMZoom - 3 sessions
Session 3Friday, 28 May 2021 11:00 AM - 1:00 PMZoom - 3 sessions
MH101® Rural Webinar
Develop confidence to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.
The MH101® Rural webinar equips people in rural communities to respond to people experiencing mental health challenges - both at work and in everyday life.
The training will be delivered as three webinars over three days via Zoom. Zoom meeting technology provides an interactive and engaging learning experience for participants and to get the most out of the sessions, you will need:
- a stable internet connection.
- your own device as you will be going into breakout rooms in Zoom, so you can’t share a device.
- a microphone and camera connected to your device.
If there are multiple participants sitting in the same room, we recommend that everyone uses headphones. This stops any feedback or echoes on the online connection.
You are welcome to join the webinar 15 minutes early, to troubleshoot your tech with our team. If you are unsure if you have suitable technology to enable you to participate in the MH101 webinar, Please contact us before your first scheduled session, so we can assist with your technology issues.
Anytime, anywhere, and any industry
MH101® Rural webinar is delivered remotely via Zoom, to participants anywhere in New Zealand. We can accommodate up to 25 attendees in each workshop, which runs as three two-hour webinars over three days. Each workshop is limited to a maximum of five participants from an organisation.
Individuals can register for a community workshop.
- Maintaining your own wellbeing, as well as the wellbeing of others.
- Impacts of stress and trauma.
- Overview of some major mental health challenges including depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance use disorder.
- Tools in how to relate to others experiencing distress.
- Where, when and how to get personal and professional help.
- Suicide and self-harm.
Evaluation and reports
We provide for your organisation a workforce impact report which measures confidence levels of the participants before and after the workshop.
This is a great tool to monitor the outcomes of the workshop and see how valuable it really is. You can also use the data to support wellbeing initiatives within your organisation and understand the needs of your workforce.
It's an investment
MH101® is an investment in the lives and futures of individuals and organisations, as well as our communities.
Among other benefits, MH101® can increase productivity and efficiency for organisations by providing a framework which allows them to keep themselves well and ‘present’ in the workplace.
With 1,100 workshops delivered to date, and more than 26,000 attendees across New Zealand, MH101® has been proven to have a significant and long-lasting impact on the knowledge, attitudes and behaviours of those who attend.
During MH101® you will:
- gain an understanding of the experience of mental distress
- learn what to do and when to do it in order to support clients, family, friends, colleagues and others with mental illness
- learn strategies and gain tools for maintaining your own mental health, as well as the wellbeing of others
- learn to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental distress
- develop an understanding of how your reactions can impact on the thoughts, feelings and behaviours of others
- learn how to respond wisely in any given situation, including the risk of suicide understand where and when to get personal or professional help.
After MH101® you will:
- recognise signs of positive mental health and of mental health challenges
- use Te Whare Tapa Whā to support mental wellbeing
- relate to what people with mental health challenges are experiencing
- respond supportively to mental distress.
MH101® has been delivering excellence in mental health literacy training since 2008. Every workshop is run by expert facilitators who bring a wealth of personal and professional experience to the workshop delivery.
Blueprint for Learning is an NZQA accredited Private Training Establishment. We have the highest quality Category 1 External Education and Review rating in education achievement and self-assessment issued by NZQA.
Our training is interactive, participatory and experientially based – catering for the diverse needs of all our learners with an approach that consistently leads to exceptional levels of learner satisfaction.
Addiction 101Understanding addiction and recovery.
Leading Wellbeing at Work WebinarRecognise, understand and support staff experiencing mental health challenges in the workplace.
MH101®Giving people the confidence to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.
MH101® Rural WebinarDevelop confidence to recognise, relate and respond to people experiencing mental health challenges.